2020年5月11日星期一

Padamic and Yellow Skins

My seven years old younger son is fun, happy, and talented. He likes to sing, dance, or more jump around, he plays piano and karate, enjoys drawing, and loves to tell stories. He is also very good at hitting anyone's nerve, some times for laugh and some times for angry.
Last night I told him, “how about becoming an actor? So you can entertain people as you are good at.”
He said, “I like it, but I won’t be famous.”
I said, “who said that? Why do you think so?”
He said, “because of my skin.”
“What?”
“Yes, the yellow skin.”
“More than one-fifth of the world population are yellow, why is it an issue?”
“Because of the Covid-19”
My heart was broken.
When school finally reopens, I hope my kids won’t face any painful moments posed by others simply for their skin color.

没有评论:

天真的遥不可及吗?

天真的遥不可及吗?

看云卷云舒

看云卷云舒